Every time someone new joins our support team, they have to go through weeks of training and mentoring to become a productive member of the team. We tell them the story of how our company was founded and we train them on our cultural values. We teach them the voice and tone of our company. We train them on the products we make and we train them on the products we use. Luckily for our support team, the product we make and use are the same. But that’s not the case with you.
When it comes to your new hires, not only do they have to be trained on your product or service, they need to be trained on your helpdesk too. Whether they are coming from an email-only support background or another tool altogether, there is a lot of unlearning and relearning to do.
In support, you cannot just throw the new hires in at the deep end and let them learn the job on their own. Each and every mistake costs the company, in terms of reputation. So it takes weeks, if not months, of training for your new hires to feel useful. That’s got to be demotivating for them and time-consuming for you and your teammates.
That’s why we decided to take some of the burden off your plate.
Introducing the Freshdesk Academy
Freshdesk Academy will be a single place where you and your agents can learn to use Freshdesk. It isn’t just features; we’re also throwing in some support best practices relevant to the features you are getting trained in.
Obviously, nothing’s as good as a personal one-on-one training session. That’s why the courses you take in the FDA will be interactive audio-visual experiences, just as if your agents were being trained in person.
Up-to-date training materials
Since we release new features and update older features constantly, the material you prepare to train your team will become outdated quickly. With FDA, you do not have to worry about updating the material. In fact, you do not have to worry about the training material, period. FDA will always have up-to-date product courses.
Learn at your own pace
There are no time limits or grades. Pick and choose the courses you want and learn at your own pace.
Something for everybody
Whether you are an admin or an agent, you can take courses tailored for you or learn any part of the product to see how it can work for you. Even if you have been using Freshdesk for quite some time now, you can discover new features and brush up on best practices in the FDA.
You are already paying for the product and you do not have to pay again to learn the product. Freshdesk Academy is completely free for everybody. All you need to do is register for the FDA.
FDA currently has the following courses for agents and admins (although more will be added every week) –
Courses for agents
- Basics of ticketing in Freshdesk – Learn how to perform the most basic functions in a helpdesk like replying to a ticket, collaborating with other agents, understanding ticket properties and more.
- Understanding ticket list view – Learn how to use the ticket list view in Freshdesk to be more productive.
- Time-saving tricks for agents – Learn how to use features like canned responses, scenario automations, keyboard shortcuts, and more.
- Advanced ticketing for agents – A course in advanced features like creating tickets and email, merging and splitting tickets, time tracking, satisfaction surveys and more.
- Working with customer information – A quick guide to understanding how you can use customer information to effectively resolve issues.
- Knowledge base for agents – A course on creating articles and managing the knowledge base
- (Coming soon) Using the phone channel.
Courses for admins
- Setting up email – A walkthrough of the process of setting up an email helpdesk.
- Agents overview – A guide to understanding what agents are, their type, scope and role. The course also takes you through the process of creating an agent.
- Customizing your ticket form – Learn how to get relevant information from your customers by adding custom fields to your ticket form.
- Importing your existing contacts and companies – Learn how to bring historical customer information into Freshdesk.
- Rebranding your helpdesk – A quick guide to modifying the look and feel of your helpdesk without the help of a developer.
- Using canned responses – Learn how to set up canned responses that your agents can use instead of spending time typing out same replies repeatedly.
- Using email notifications – Learn how to configure email notifications for agents and customers and how to personalize notifications using placeholders.
- (Coming soon) Setting up business hours.
- (Coming soon) Setting up SLAs.
In the coming months, we’ll work hard on adding more courses and keeping our existing ones updated. All you need to do is register for the Freshdesk Academy to get updates on the new courses. We’re also working on introducing a certification program so that you and your agents can become Freshdesk-certified agent or administrators.
But enough talk! Why don’t you try out the portal for yourself? Register for the Freshdesk Academy today!